TennisInformation.com is proud to present its Recruiting and Standings Lists for United States Tennis. These lists use a weighted head-to-head ranking algorithm to determine the top junior tennis players in the U.S. We expect these lists - updated weekly on Tuesday mornings - to be an important tool in college recruiting and tournament seeding.
The TennisInformation.com Recruiting and Standings Lists have several important characteristics:
- These lists use a head-to-head system rather than a points system: the quality of your opponents matters while the round that you reach in a particular tournament does not.
- A key differentiator of this system when compared to other head-to-head systems like STAR is that there is additional emphasis on winning matches. Your best eight wins during the past year are a component in the ranking.
- Another differentiator is that recent wins are more significant than older wins.
- These lists include play in all age divisions from the past twelve months.
- To be eligible for a recruiting or standings list, a player must: (1) compete in at least three tournaments during the twelve-month period, (2) win at least four matches, (3) be age-eligible, and (4) compete in at least one tournament for the age division.
Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.